Saturday, October 01, 2011

Shining Water

This painting has now been sold



Oil on board, beautifully, professionally framed painting, finished size 12" x 12"

Fans of Stalybridge paintings, don't faint. You thought I had finished with old Stalybridge didn't you. In fact this is not a new one but an old favourite of mine as yet unsold. I'm offering it at a special "direct from the artist" price of £115 plus postage and packing to anywhere in the world. This is typical north of England countryside, only a couple of miles from where I live. ps. the colours are ever so slightly cooler in the real thing.

I am feeling the urge to maybe get back on the Stalybridge band wagon, especially since Pennine Gallery are now promoting my work (click on their website opposite), so watch this space. I'm away now for a couple of weeks so if you are interested in a purchase drop me an email and I'll be able to arrange shipping end of October.

6 Comments:

Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

and I'm so excited it gets to live with me!!! It's a beauty - and I'm thrilled I finally get to own a Sheila Vaughan....this countryside is so wonderful. Hope I get to see the place in person one day. Thanks Sheila!

3:38 AM  
Blogger Sheila Vaughan said...

Dear Roxanne, and I'm so glad it was you to put in the first bid! I have emailed you separately about the transaction. Many thanks for your confidence in me and the world is getting smaller so one day you might be able to see this for yourself!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Theresa Evans said...

Congratulations both of you!

Sheila, it would be lovely to see your Stalybridge (and locale) paintings again. But I will watch what you do!! lol ;)

Have a fruitful trip and see you when you return.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Sheila Vaughan said...

Thank you Theresa - and thanks for dropping off my paintings for the Guild show in October. It's a bit hectic round here at the moment. I'll (almost) be glad when I'm on that plane. ps. had a flick through the Hockney book in Waterstones yesterday. It looks great but I'll buy it when I get back. See you in 3 weeks!

5:22 PM  
Blogger marjorie wilson said...

Hi Sheila. So glad I've 'stumbled' upon your lovely paintings again. Your work is a real inspiration to me. I've been been ill and had to lie low for quite a while, but my recovery is almost complete and I want to get back to my own painting asspirations. Our hills and dales are not so different I think. Once again, just loving your work, Marjorie

7:20 PM  
Blogger Sheila Vaughan said...

Hi Marjorie! Really nice to hear from you. I knew you had been "off the radar" for quite a long time but did not know it was through illness. Do hope you are on the road to recovery. Your painting will really help I am sure. That's right - I think Galloway is similar to here (presume you are still up there?)

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home